WEATHER ALERT: Hillside Burn Areas
January 8, 2018 09:39 AM
WEATHER ALERT >> LA TUNA & HILLSIDE BURN AREAS
Heavy rainfall is predicted in Burbank over the next 24-48 hours, which can produce significant mud and debris flows in the La Tuna Fire burn areas.
The City has proclaimed that a local emergency now exists in the hillside areas affected by the La Tuna fire in the City of Burbank. As such, please note the following:
• Country Club Drive shall be posted as temporary “No Parking.”
• Trails in the affected fire-areas will be closed and will remain closed until such time that Parks & Recreation have assessed the condition of trails following the storm.
• Use extreme caution around debris flows as well as fast moving water. Crossing in a car can also be extremely dangerous, please look for alternate routes.
• For residents that live near the burn areas, please visit ReadyBurbank.org/latuna for information on how to prepare for, or mitigate storm impacts.
• Sign up for Ready Burbank alerts that can be emailed and/or texted to your phone, visit: ReadyBurbank.org
• LA County Public Works crews will be on standby to help with mitigation. Additionally updates will be posted on the City’s social media pages as they occur.
In case of an emergency, please call 9-1-1.